The department teaches core subjects of ECE, offers a range of subjects as electives and facilitates industrial projects, all of which prepare the students for a career after their basic degree. Efforts are made to impart as much project based learning as is feasible. Towards this, investments are made in an on-going manner in having well equipped laboratories, software tools like LABVIEW, MATLAB, SIMULINK to name a few. The department plans to undertake industry sponsored research and has started interactions with other Universities and research groups in industry. The department has dedicated faculty and staff who continuously engage in improving teaching methods and undergo faculty development programs and undertake Research.Vision:
To provide world class education in the ECE discipline which encourages practical learning and application to real world problems.Mission:
To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, responsible, employable, and ethical and respect the engineering profession and their role and responsibilities as an engineer.Outcomes of Electronics and Communication Engineering Degree (ECE)
- Graduates should be able to analyse and understand ECE problems and be competent in practical knowledge of ECE discipline.
- Graduates should be competent in providing practical knowledge of ECE education to real world problems.
- They should be competent and confident to work in multi-disciplinary organisations and industry.
- ECE Gradutes should learn project management skills and time management skills during the course of their education.
- They should be aware of code of ethics of engineering profession and their discipline.
- They should have people skills good communication skills and work well in teams, and understand their social and community responsibilities.