The department provides exposure to students to both the streams of Petroleum Engineering viz. Upstream and Downstream. We also provide fundamental courses on Earth Sciences, Heat and Mass Transfer, Drilling, Well logging and Reservoir engineering, Petroleum refining and about Renewables.
Our emphasis on an industry-friendly curriculum so that the students are well attuned to the nuances of the current research and market trends.Vision
To become a centre of excellence for the development of the country and mankind by providing highly competitive professionals, cutting edge technologies and effective services to the academia and petroleum/hydrocarbon industry.Mission
- To provide education and training to the students for serving at national and global levels.
- To develop a strong R&D infrastructure for solving the technological needs of the global economy and human society.
- To develop vibrant and creative learning environment to produce technically sound, ethically strong and morally elevated human resource.
To train engineering graduates for serving the petroleum, hydrocarbon, chemical & petrochemical industry as well as to cope with the recent challenges of energy harnessing, utilization and management with clear emphasis on sustainable environment.
To create the professionals for cutting-edge research work.
To prepare the highly moral and ethical professional graduates to serve the society.Program Outcomes (POs)
- An ability to understand the application of basic sciences such as mathematics, science and engineering principles in petroleum engineering problems.
- An ability to identify, analyze and solve the engineering problems.
- An ability to design a system or a process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as techno-economic, environmental and safety.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, analyze & interpret data.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to recognize the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- An ability to understand the recent challenges for sustainable development.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams, both as a member and leader.
- An ability to communicate effectively through reports, presentations & discussions.
- An ability to understand and apply engineering and management principles.
- An ability to engage in life-long learning.
- MWD Engineer (Measurement While Drilling)
- Production Engineer
- Reservoir Engineer
- Drilling Engineer
- Well Logging Engineer
- Well Testing Analyst
- Mud Logging Engineer/Mud Logger
- Mud Chemist/ Drilling Fluid engineer
- Assistant Driller
- Pipeline Transportation Engineer
- Natural Gas Modeling & Simulation Engineer
- Well Stimulating Engineer
- Frack Engineer
- Field Engineer
- Rig Engineer
B. Tech Programme (Download attached PDF file. Click here )