Ph.D.; M.Tech.; M.Sc.Tech.;
Professor of Geophysics and Dean
Associate Professor (Department of Petroleum Engineering)
Geophysical Exploration for Manganese Ores, Andhra University
Applied Geophysics, Andhra University
Computer Science Engineering, Allahabad University
Qualified in UGC-NET
- Mineral Exploration
- Geophysical Data Acquisition, Processing & Interpretation Techniques
- Reservoir Characterisation
- Geotechnical works
- Groundwater Potential & Management
- 2016 – to date Professor of Geophysics, Glocal University, Saharanpur, U.P.
- 2016 –2008 Associate& Professor, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun
- 2008 – 2003 Lecturer, Govt. Autonomous College, Rajahmundry, A.P.
- 2003 – 1998 Lecturer(UGC), A.M.A.L. College (Autonomous), Anakapalle, A.P.
- 1998 – 1995 Scientist (DST-SYS), Dept. of Geophysics, Andhra University, Visakha
- 1995 – 1993 Research Associate, Post-Doctoral Fellowship, CSIR, Andhra University,
- 1993 – 1992 Senior Scientific Assistant, IIGM, Colaba, Mumbai
- 1992 – 1990 Senior Reseach Fellow, UGC, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- 1990 – 1987 Junior Research Fellow, UGC, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- 1987 – 1985 Lecturer, V.T.College (Andhra University), Rajahmundry 29 years of experience, which includes 4 years industrial, in teaching Exploration Geophysics for B.Tech., M.Sc.Tech., and M.Tech.Programs, design of curriculum, evaluation and quality monitoring.
SELECTED RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS
1. Magnetic properties of Manganese ores of Vizianagaram District Andhra Pradesh. Curr. Sci., 59, 1990, 314-315.
2. Palaeomagnetism of calc-granilites from Sadanandapuram in the Vizianagaram District, Andhra Pradesh. Curr. Sci., 62, 1992, 571-573.
3. Effect of supergene oxidation on magnetic properties and implications for magnetic anomalies of manganese ores of vizianagaram District, Andhra Pradesh, India. Proc. A. E. G. Internl. Seminar, Vol.1,1991, 129-134.
4. Magnetic properties of different rock types associated with the manganese ores. Curr. Sci., 66, 1994,153-158.
5. A.F demagnetization of manganese ores and related rock types of Vizianagaram District, Andhra Pradesh. Curr. Sci., 66, 1994, 370-372.
6. Low temperature magnetic susceptibility of manganese ores of Vizianagaram District, Andhra Pradesh. Curr. Sci., 66, 1994, 673-675.
7. Anomalous magnetization of Manganese Protore from Sadanandapuram of Vizianagarm District, Andhra Pradesh. Proc. of 32nd Annual Convention of Indian Geophysical Union, Hyderabad, 1995.
8. Mineralogy and magnetic properties of manganese ores of vizianagaram District, Andhra Pradesh. Proc. of 32nd Annual convention of Indian Geophysical Union, Hyderabad, 1995. Anomalous Magnetisation in Manganese Protore at Sadanandapuram, Vizianagaram District, Andhra Pradesh.Jour. Ind.Geophy.Union, Vol.1, 1997, pp. 59-63.
9. Geochemistry, Density and Magnetic Properties of Manganese Ores of Vizianagaram District, Andhra Pradesh. Jour. Ind. Acad. of Geosciences, Vol.43, 2000, pp. 9-12.
10. Results of Electrical Resistivity Investigations on Borra Caves, Visakhapatnam District, Andhra Pradesh. Jour. Ind. Acad. Of Geosciences, Vol.49, No.2, 2006, pp. 53-58, 2006.
11. Evaluation of Aquifer Parameters and Groundwater Quality in Doon Valley. Jour. Ind. Geophys. Union, Vol. 15, No.3, 2011, pp.125-136.
12. A Framework of Information Technology for Water Resources Management. Intern. Jour. Comp. Applications, Vol.30, No.5, 2011, pp.21-25.
13. Visualisation of Multiple Geophysical Datasets-An overview. Proceedings of National Seminar on Applications of Imaging, Visualisation and Optimisation Techniques, Institute of Engineers of India, Dehradun, March 2-3, 2012, p99-103.
14. Estimation of contribution of Springs to Asan River Watershed of Doon Valley through Baseflow-Hydrograph Method. Proceedings-National Conference on Green Earth, Indian Geological Congress, October 18-19th , Dehradun, pp 43-44
15. Analysis of Watershed Characteristics and Basin Management using Remote Sensing and GIS-A case study of Upper Provenance of Karamana River” International Journal of Remote Sensing & Geoscience, Vol.3, No.1, 2013, pp 36-48.
16. Interpretation of Satellite Gravity Anomalies over Himachal Pradesh, India in relevance to Groundwater Storage Flucuations” International Journal of Remote Sensing and Geoscience, Vol.2, No.2, 2013, pp 27-33.
17. Estimation of Contribution of Springs to Asan River, Western Doon Valley, Uttarakhand, India” Internl. Journal of Geology Earth Environmental Sciences, 2013, Vol.3(1), January-April, pp.69-82.
18. Estimation of Baseflow of Asan River Watershed, Doon Valley, Uttarakhand, India”. International Journal of Water Resources and Environmental Sciences, April-2013 issue.
19. Map Services for Kanwara. Gujarat Oilfield using Open Source Quantum GIS. International Journal of Remote Sensing and Geoscience, Vol.3, No.3, 2014, pp.
INTER DEPT. PARTICIPATION
1989 and 1990 National Institute of Oceanography, Goa + Universities
1990,92,93,94,97 DST (Science Engineering Research Council Programs) + Universities
1993 IITB + Universities
1995 IITR + IGC + WIHG + Universities
1989 Bay of Bengal Geophysical Surveys NIO + Universities
1990 Indian Ocean Geophysical Surveys NIO + Universities
1987-92 UGC Magnetic Properties of Manganese ores.
1994-95 CSIR Interpretation of Geophysical Data over Manganese ore deposits
1995-98 DST Development of strategy for delineation of Manganese ore deposits
LIFE MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Indian Geophysical Union
- Indian Geological Congress
- Association of Exploration Geophysicists
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- Society of Petroleum Geophysicists
ADVISOR OF STUDENT CHAPTERS
- Student Chapter of SEG
- Student Chapter SPG
Academic Programs, Accreditation, monitoring of courses, quality monitor, evaluation of projects.
SCHOLARSHIPS & AWARDS
- DST Young Scientist Award
- IX-Mathematics Olympiad Prize
- Scholarships from CSIR and UGC for Doctoral and Post-Doctoral research
- Incentive Scholarship from Govt. of A.P. for securing topper in M.Tech.
- Incentive Scholarship from Govt. of A.P. from VII std to M.Tech. for consistently standing topper.