IntroductionPreparing innovative minds of the future
Mechanical Engineering is one of the broadest and evergreen branches of engineering. Mechanical engineers are involved with various sub sectors of industries like thermal power generation, manufacturing technology, Industrial Engineering, Automobile systems, refrigeration and air conditioning systems design etc. It also provide the comprehensive knowledge of conventional and advance topics like 3-D printing, Robotics and automation, Rapid Prototype etc. Mechanical engineers are involved with the design, analysis, testing, control, operation and implementation with the recent software tools and technology. The physical system that the world uses is designed and developed by the concepts of Mechanical Engineering
The Mechanical Engineering Department is to be preferred as a destination for students, researchers, and faculty member by providing outstanding subject knowledge with overall personality development and career growth with entrepreneurial skills
- To impart quality education to the students through innovative techniques for enhance their interpersonal skills.
- To develop skilled Engineers to compete with upcoming challenges faced by industries and society.
- To cherish research environment in the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- To continuously upgrade the quality of education and infrastructure of the Department of Mechanical Engineering in order to impart up to date knowledge to the students
Preparing innovative minds of the future
This group aims to be versatile in line with the discipline: there can be no physical objects without Mechanical Engineering! The group lays great emphasis on visualization, Continuum Mechanics and Rigid Mechanics, Machines and product realization. The core is built around these with a liberal dose of mathematics and modeling and simulation software. The core will also deal with manufacturing techniques of metals as well as plastics, Materials and measurements on materials.
The elective base is very wide to be proved the UG student with enough opportunity to experience the flavor of various Branches of Mechanical Engineering: thus there are elective sets in Automation and robotics, Automotive, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning, Material analysis and selection, Manufacturing and costing etc. The practical side is heavily emphasized: lab experiments are designed in such a way as to pose a real life challenge to the students. In addition students are expected to visualize, design and manufacture a product of some utility which has an element of novelty or a new outlook or design factor or cost optimization in it.
The ME major from this group will be an engineer who knows how to operate machines, design simple parts and products, select materials, optimize costs and be able to integrate other discipline into his products.
- To provide the students with a solid foundation in Mechanical Engineering
- To develop the students ability to analyze problems and provide competent solutions
- To encourage the students to think of creative and innovative solutions to the daily challenges of the job
- To expose the students to the emerging technologies and latest trends in the industry
- To help the students understand the code of conduct and ethics of their chosen field
- Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- Minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th)